Civitas, Chief Executive Officer
Civitas (charity no. 1085494) facilitates informed public debate by providing accurate factual information on the social issues of the day and plays an active part in rebuilding civil society by running schools on Saturdays so that disadvantaged children who are falling behind at school can achieve their full potential.
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: £65,000 – £80,000 per annum (depending on experience).
Hours of work: 42.5 hours per week
Place of work: Westminster, London
Annual Leave: 28 days per annum, including public holidays.
Benefits: There are no benefits beyond statutory requirements.
Notice for termination: 8 weeks on either side.
Starting date: Autumn 2021, subject to satisfactory references.
- To work on behalf of the Board of Trustees to achieve the charity’s aims in accordance with our charitable objects
- To be the public voice of the charity.
- To raise funds for the charity.
- To take overall responsibility for achieving the charity’s aims.
- To maintain and build relationships with key partners and donors.
- To keep up to date with changing legislation/developments which could affect the charity.
- To ensure that the organisation has appropriate policies for the management of human resources, safeguarding, finance, health and safety.
- To manage the day to day operations of the charity, ensuring that staff and volunteers are effectively deployed.
- To be accountable to the Board of Trustees for the overall financial health of the charity, controlling budgets, expenditure and management accounts.
Qualifications and experience
Educated to degree level or professionally qualified by suitable experience. Demonstrable experience of effective fundraising within the non-profit or charity sector.
Final date for applications: 30 July 2021
To apply, please submit a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com